Before I leave on my trip, there are lots of things I want to do and see here in my adopted hometown. I may have lived in Atlanta for almost 15 years, but I haven’t done everything there is to do here. Lots of items on this list are new and some are ones I’ve done countless times before but want to do one more time before I leave. I’d love your help in not only creating my list, but in crossing things off too. Don’t see something here you think I should do? Let me know and I’ll add it to the list. It’s definitely not a complete list so I’ll be adding things as this year goes on.
1. Run Oakland Cemetery’s Run Like Hell 5K.
2. Go to Ann’s Snack Bar. (I can’t believe I haven’t been here yet!)
3. Dance Saturday night disco at Clermont. (this one’s a given for multiple visits) January, June and July = check!
4. Dance at MJQ. check!
5. Eat at Empire State South. (mmmm…. Hugh Acheson) check!
6. Explore all there is to see and do in the Old 4th Ward and Castleberry Hills - particularly photo galleries. I’m challenging myself to use all the Scoutmob coupons for each neighborhood!
7. End up one night at El Bar.
8. Play Crazy B*tch Bingo.
9. Go to as many festivals as possible. Ponce Market, Sweetwater 420, Inman Park, Dogwood, Chastain Arts, and Chomp and Stomp done
10. Actually drink the wine that’s in my collection. 50+ bottles – anyone in? Started… 40 bottles left…
11. Go to one last Braves game – if they’re playing the STL Cardinals all the better. check! Cubs and fireworks for July 4 – not bad.
12. Get some real southern food at Mary Mac’s Tearoom (check!) - or at a meat-n-three or The Beautiful
13. One last steak at Hal’s on Old Ivy
14. Screen on the Green one last time (not going to happen – the series isn’t running in 2012, not sure about 2013)
15. Raft down the Chattahoochee (seriously, I haven’t done this yet? What’s wrong with me?)
16. Have a Holman + Finch burger
17. Get a photo in front of the Big Chicken and other Atlanta landmarks – photo scavenger hunt day!
18. Sing Heavy Metal Karaoke at 10High. Does this include Journey? It’s the only band I can really do for Karaoke…you really don’t want me to sing anything else! (well, Rob Base’s It Takes Two is a close second)
19. Get to The Southern Comfort…south of Atlanta, but still, I have to see what this place is all about
20. Get photos of Oakland Cemetery in the snow (although the winter of 2011 didn’t provide the opportunity, we’ll see what happens in 2012).
21. Get photos of the Krog Street tunnel at night.
22. Spend one more day wandering around Serenbe.
23. Photograph The Goat Farm (check!), the sculpture on Peachtree at 15th covered in ice (not going to happen in 2012!), and StoveWorks
24. Visit the North Georgia wineries. check!